Thursday, August 18, 2011

Old post from years ago


All I could hear was the thumping of my heart. The voice on the phone sounded like that lady from Charlie Brown. My red, steamy hot ears indicated that my blood pressure had soared with the news. I started pacing back and forth like a caged tiger wanting to pounce but utterly unable to do anything but walk. My breathing became irregular as my mind raced a thousand miles an hour. My protective instincts kicked in and I wanted to jump through the phone and attack the guilty party, or just the first person I saw. My daughter was hurt and I was stuck miles away unable to do a darn thing. Helplessness and frustration rolled through me as I trembled, overcome my an incredible wave of mixed emotions. I wanted to punch someone, no I wanted to curl up in a ball and sob. No what I really wanted was to be able to run faster then light, scoop up my daughter and take all of her pain and fear for myself. I am only human so I rushed to the hospital where I waited impatiently like a tiger pacing back and forth, back and forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment